BORDEAUX IS FRANCE’S 7TH LARGEST SEAPORT
It has 7 specialised terminals along the estuary (more than 100 km between bordeaux city centre and le verdon).
Average annual foreign maritime traffic
8.5 million tonnes:
- Hydrocarbons rank 1st with approximately 52% of the overall traffic
- Cereal exports rank 2nd with approximately 20% of the overall traffic
1100 ships dock each year at the 7 port terminals: Le Verdon, Pauillac, Blaye, Ambès, Grattequina, Bassens and Bordeaux.
- 300 destinations worldwide departing from Bordeaux available to the companies of southwestern France.
- 340 employees.
- 15,000 direct and indirect jobs generated by port activities.
- Exceptional land holdings on the largest estuary in Europe (2500 hectares, including 550 hectares for logistics and/or industrial facilities).
- Revenue of 46 million euros.
Traffic by geographical area
Traffic by port area